Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weekdays Stink!

No matter how prepared I think I am to tackle the week ahead of me, something always throws me off track.

Sunday was a lazy day, but I did manage to do my Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD. I suppose the 30 days are to be consecutive and not just cumulative over the course of a year. I haven't even managed to do it on two consecutive days yet. Thus, I have seen absolutely no signs of being "shredded" yet. I'll try to make another appointment with Jillian this week, but I can't seem to get it done in the AM (already going into work early) and I'm usually too tired after work. I know, excuses, excuses.

I also tried a new recipe on Sunday. It came from Every Day with Rachael Ray. Like her or not, she does have some nice recipes here and there and some are even healthy if you eat them in moderation. I can't believe what Rachael considers a serving size on her shows - yikes! I digress...the recipe was Quinoa with Pine Nuts, Mixed Olives and herbs. I really liked it and even had leftovers Monday night. For those of you who don't know me, I'm not usually good at leftovers so this is quite the statement. Monday's leftovers were accompanied by steamed carrots and some grilled chicken. Needless to say, I was very proud of myself. No takeout!

You see, work has been stressful. I'm sure many can identify with the economy in the state that it is. Anyway, work was a bit crazy and I usually decide that I deserve to treat myself with something horrible to eat - that is, horrible for my health, but oh so yummy. I resisted and went home and ate my leftovers. Kudos to me!

Today is off to a rocky start - damn the Irish! I'm 1/4 Irish so I can say that. There are extra treats floating around the office today and not only did I grab a bagle with cream cheese (low fat veggie, that has to count for something), but I grabbled a shamrock-shaped sugar cookie to go with it. I should probably walk home from work today to feel better about this, but I live too far away (20+ miles).

Tonight is the night I try swiss chard for the first time. After my food consumption here at work, this might be the ONLY thing I eat tonight. At least it's green - Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Gee, blogging in the middle of the day. What's this world coming to? And yes, you are correct about the food "issues" you and your father have. His are more numerous, but sometimes you're are just as funny.

    Good for you (except for the sugar cookie), but I'm sure your Irish grandmother would forgive you. :) Best of luck with the Swiss chard, I'll be awaiting the tasting review.

    ReplyDelete