Friday, March 20, 2009

Sometimes You Just Need a Cheeto

I can admit it when I give in and relent to the junk food gods. That's the kind of girl I am. I could go into my very sad story, but you wouldn't find it that sad. Actually, you'd probably tell me to get over myself. So with that in mind I'll simply say that I gave myself permission to have Cheetos with my turkey sandwich yesterday. While I'm at it, I might as well confess to the root beer and very small cookie that I had with it. Bless me Father for I have sinned...Hail Mary, full of grace...

There hasn't been much happening on the exercise front either. I had the perfect opportunity the other day when I got home from work early, and by that I mean 5:30. It was still light out and a beautiful day. I changed into some workout clothes, shoes and all, and planned to go for a walk. Well, unless you consider a walk to my mailbox a workout, I failed. I will say that my mailbox is not at the end of my driveway. It's down the street and around the corner. Still, I'm easily distracted and after my quick trip the mailbox, I lost interest in my real walk and did nothing. I really am lazy.

However, I did discover something on the way to the mailbox. I noticed a pile of rock/dirt in my front yard that isn't normally there. I live in the desert so my front yard is all rock, but I usually don't have a pile of it in one place. I go to check it out and I discover that some kind of critter has dug a hole in my yard, next to and under my house. That's GREAT! The critter even left some poop behind just to rub it in that he has marked my house as his territory. I can only assume the critter is a "him" because a female critter wouldn't crap in front of someone's house. The backyard, maybe, but not the FRONT yard. Tacky. I will be evicting my new critter/roommate as soon as possible. Pest control is on the way!

I sincerely hope that I can get back on track this weekend.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! Cheetos. My one true love. I can understand why you'd give in, the pull from those cheesy morsels is VERY strong. I, myself, have been their victim many times.

    ReplyDelete