I need to start focusing on the good things, which has always been a struggle for me. I can spot negative things from a mile away and I zero in on them and don't let go. So let me take a step back and try to see the positive:
- I'm still employed - we had layoffs last week that were difficult to go through.
- The weather is beautiful - I shouldn't waste these opportunities to get outside and enjoy it before it becomes 100+ degrees on a regular basis. Love the desert!
- I have tickets to the NCAA Sweet 16 this Saturday - I'm really hoping Mizzou loses to Memphis so I don't have to watch them. I'm a diehard Husker and don't like anything related to Mizzou.
- I may go for a hike with a friend of mine this weekend.
- I'm going out for sushi this Friday with a friend of mine - I've been craving it for a while and I can even make it healthy! I'll stop short of getting mercury poisoning, though. Don't worry. See how positive I am already?
- I finally tried the swiss chard. It was actually pretty good. I added a bit too much salt, but otherwise I enjoyed it. I probably won't purchase it often, but it's not a bad alternative to other greens if you're looking to change things up. In case you wanted to know, I used a Rachael Ray recipe and just sauteed it with EVOO, nutmeg, paprika and a little bit of chicken stock.
It's time for me to get to work. I hadn't posted in a while so I wanted to squeeze one in. Hopefully, I'll post again in the next few days with more positive news about my healthy choices. I'm going to pretend the Ho-Ho's I purchased this morning didn't happen (hey, I told you I was not doing well).