Saturday, March 14, 2009

All Things in Moderation, Right?

I'm not entirely sure that I have embraced the true meaning of moderation but I'm trying. Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.

I haven't blogged in a couple of days, as was pointed out to me by my dearest mother. So here I am, being the good daughter, ready to share the latest and greatest. By the way, I changed the name of my blog. The other title just wasn't doin' it for me.

Thursday was an irritating day that included arguing with two different cable companies to resolve a bill for services that I did not receive for three months. It's a long story, but everyone is familiar with difficult customer service people so I'll leave it at that.

By the time I left work, a friend invited me to have a drink and grab a bite to eat. It's nearly impossible to have one drink with this particular friend, so I had to seriously consider what I was about to get myself into. I talked to my parents while I was driving up to meet my friend and, God love 'em, they were trying to help me with a healthy game plan. I was pretty confident I could find something healthy on the the menu (and I did - grilled shrimp tacos, no cheese, with steamed veggies on the side). It was the type and number of drinks that I needed to plan for. We all thought that 2 beers would be reasonable based on my day's caloric consumption to that point. I had the 2 beers, plus another 2 or 3. This is where I haven't full grasped the meaning of moderation. Technically, I only ordered 3 beers. It was the 2 that other people bought for me that put me way over the top. I tell myself that it would have been incredibly rude to say no to the nice gesture. My parents taught me manners, but they also taught me how to drink. See? It's an uphill battle that I'm facing.

Truthfully, the day wouldn't have been so bad if I had managed to squeeze in any kind of exercise, but I didn't.

Friday wasn't nearly as destructive. In fact, it was pretty good. I also got my new furniture so it was a pretty good Friday the 13th!

Today I get to go pick up my mystery bag of produce, which I'm sure will result in me searching for new recipes to try out. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment