Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Can't Let Mom Win!

I created this blog to keep up with my 60-year old mother. I don't know how it happened but my mother joined the blogosphere before I did. Actually, I do know how it happened. You can read the story for yourself at Just for the Hell-th Of It, or if you're too lazy I'll give you the abridged version...

My parents came to visit me in Phoenix in an effort to escape the cold winter blues in Des Moines. As always, we enjoyed ourselves immensely by playing golf and eating and drinking a bit too much. Searching for the perfect Mexican restaurant is a particularly favorite activity, but usually one that leaves us feeling a bit guilty at the end of the evening. Guilt isn't all bad because it got my mother and I talking about how we should really try to make better choices about our health. We consider ourselves fairly intelligent people, so why do we do such stupid things sometimes? We decided a small support group might be just what we need to keep us motivated to eat a little better and exercise a little bit more. Nothing intense, nothing competitive, just good-natured humor and support along the way. We might share tips, recipes, stories, etc.

And that brings us to me and my blog. I have to admit this is my third time at creating a blog. The two previous times resulted in one post and then never returning again. I'm hoping that the third time really is a charm. Besides, I can't let my Mom Win! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment