Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yeah, I Don't Think So

So this will have to be a quick post for me today. I realize that my "quick" posts are still quite lengthy but give me a break.

The other day I experienced my first massage. For anyone who knows me, I am NOT a touchy feely kind of person and particularly with strangers. I even try to avoid hugging my friends when I can - not because I don't like them, though. Anyway, the massage was a "treat" from one of my colleagues. I survived but I don't think it's for me. I spent the whole time thinking about my to do list at work. And when the woman got to my toes and individually massaged each one, I couldn't help but recite the "This little piggy went to the market..." nursery rhyme. I couldn't help it. I don't think I appreciated the whole experience the way a normal person would.

I wrapped up my last two training sessions this week. I don't recommend drinking a cosmo before working out - just a little something I learned on Tuesday. Yesterday was much better sans the alcoholic warm up. I apparently accomplished some great feat yesterday by completing 40 cardio push ups. My trainer was more than impressed. Yay for me, I guess.

I need to decide if I want to sign up for another round of sessions or try to do it on my own and focus on the proper eating portion of the event. I think I need to take my mother up on her offer for the next great challenge. I like eating healthy, but somehow I manage to avoid it too often when work gets stressful.

I'm at work and need to get back to it.

Parting words - congrats to Mom for her consistent dedication. I hope you can teach me a few tricks when I'm home. :) I'm also looking forward to your cooking and even some kohlrabi.

Two more work days until a week of vacation. Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you, I still have 4 kohlrabi left....and they keep forever. You are probably right about the cosmo prior to a workout....not even I do that. :)

    ReplyDelete