Monday, July 20, 2009

Some Things DO Stay the Same

Sunday was a fairly uneventful day so I'll keep my rambling to a minimum. That, and I'm at work and need to get a head start on a bunch of stuff.

I finally made a trip to MY gym. I had been neglecting it for the past few weeks in favor of working out with my trainer. I did 35 minutes on the bike. I figured I should submit some cardio with photographic evidence before my mother started to question my honesty.

As for the title of my blog today, I thought I would go back in time and try eating something that I didn't necessarily love when I was a kid - pork chops. I've seen them in some recipes lately and on TV and they look wonderful. I thought I'd give them another shot and put them on the grill. It's about what I remembered - dry and a little tough. Yes, it might have something to do with the cook. I have plenty of leftovers so I have ample opportunity to get used to them. I did, however, enjoy my green bean salad that I made.

Off to work. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the pork chops. Thin sliced ones are more difficult to keep moist and tender, I think. Might have forgotten to tell you THAT part. Anyway, good work on the cardio. I'm still waivering on whether or not to count my biking as actually doing cardio. Might have to, eventually.

    ReplyDelete