Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ouch!

So after all of my bragging about how much I accomplished at the gym this weekend, I'm still in pain. Surprisingly my shoulder doesn't hurt - you would think it would after patting myself on the back repeatedly. Instead, it's my inner thighs that are screaming for mercy. It turns out that just because I CAN do a fair amount of weight with the hip exercises, it doesn't meant that I should. For crying out loud, my inner thighs hurt while I was driving into work this morning (yes, I'm blogging from work, but I technically still have 30 minutes until the workday officially begins).

I'm hoping to go to the gym tonight, but it all depends on how late I have to work. I do have to say that I totally rocked it on the food yesterday. Here I go bragging again. There were absolutely no slip-ups in my eating yesterday. And it wasn't without temptation. I offered to pick up Jack in the Box for my friend/roommate on my way home from work. Normally, when I work late and am stressed I treat myself to some kind of fast food goodness. I resisted. Now, it's probably because I don't know the menu at JITB very well and I was too tired and lazy to figure it out. I ordered my friend's stuff and drove away. I actually feasted on a Smart Ones dinner with a side of brussel sprouts. I was very proud of myself. Eating anything more than that at that late hour would have been bad news.

I must go and continue to shuffle my way through work. I'm hoping my legs will return to full working order after some extra rest.

Ta-ta for now!

3 comments:

  1. WTF - you're bringing him food? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight....not wait. Just sayin'. But what a good girl you were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! I corrected my misspelling little missy.

    ReplyDelete