Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Look at Me Go!


It's amazing what I can get done in the morning when I don't hit the snooze button twelve times - sadly that isn't an exaggeration. The alarm went off at 5am and I was ready to continue with my usual routine, but at 5:20 I decided I needed to get up and go to the gym. After all, my mother had recorded her Day 1 of the Cardio Challenge and I didn't want to be left behind.


Pardon the lack photography skills on my part. I took the photo while still using the elliptical. I was afraid if I stopped or paused, the machine wouldn't show my time. The blurriness makes it look like I was on the elliptical for 3,005 minutes, but I can assure you that's not the case. It was 30:05.
I was so proud of myself I almost went to McDonald's for a cheeseless Egg McMuffin. Thankfully, good sense prevailed and I went home and made my own breakfast sandwich. I tried one of the new Alternative Bagels (only 110 calories) and quickly made some eggs with my Egg Beaters. Yum!
Last night was a big accomplishment, too. You see, I LOVE Mexican food and beer. Cinco de Mayo is the perfect reason to indulge and normally I would. Somehow my calorie count during the day left me with enough wiggle room to have Taco Bell! Hey, I don't discrimate when it comes to Mexican food - it's all good in my book. One bean burrito and crunchy taco later and I'm a very happy girl. Que Bueno!
Adios for now!

2 comments:

  1. Well, well, well, using company time for a post, I see. However, well done on the elliptical. Just had to use the elliptical since I've declared my disdain for the one I have. Oh well, I'll get there eventually, but it sure as hell won't be for 30 min.!! 3 would be more realistic. So now, does this mean you've met your weekly cardio. 32 + 30 = 62 min. Crap, I wasn't gonna do cardio today, but I guess if I'm to keep up I will. Damn you, Little Miss Smarty Pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! 30 mins plus 30 more. You rock! Just found your blog. I live in AZ too.

    ReplyDelete